Manufacturer, Service Provider
George Lane & Sons Ltd
Innovators in Design and Manufacture of Wire Mesh Belting
Mr George Lane established his business in 1878 manufacturing occasional furniture and bedding, which included the weaving of wire for bedstead springs. Other members of the family joined the company as it flourished. Two factories were outgrown within a short timespan before the company acquired the lease of premises in Brueton Street in the Gosta Green suburb of Birmingham in 1895. Together with the attached stableyard and caretakers accommodation fronting Duke Street, these buildings were the company’s home for eighty years. During this time, the caretakers’ premises were converted into offices and became the registered address of the company. In the 1890s, a Patent had been registered for the weaving of flattened spirals of wire, although its application was short-lived and it was almost forgotten until an enquiry in 1929 when a belt was made for what was at the time a ‘state of the art’ continuous furnace.
Balanced Spiral Belts, Chain Edged Belts, and Cordweave Belts
Cross Conveyor Belts, Furnace Belts, and Honeycomb Belts
Plate Link Belts
Scissor Lift Curtains