Manufacturer, Service Provider
Silcoms was founded in 1939 as BY & J Silcoms in a workshop at Bury Road, Bolton. The company initially employed a dozen people manufacturing small precision press tools and moulds for rubber, soap and glass. The business grew steadily and expanded into precision tooling and production engineering until 1951 when the company became established as Bolton Engineering Company and moved into larger premises. The new premises, a former cotton mill, were the Victoria Works, Piggott Street, Farnworth. The new factory offered capacity for larger tooling and Silcoms were soon producing press and die cast tooling for the major British automobile and aircraft manufacturers.
Aerospace Products (e.g., Seals, Rings)