Drill Bits SMITH BITS Roller Cone Bits
Smith Bits is a leading manufacturer of an extensive range of roller cone drill bits that provide superior drilling performance. These include premium tungsten carbide insert (TCI) bits and milled tooth (MT) bits designed to withstand high temperatures and endure long run times while drilling through soft to ultrahard formations. Select from a spectrum of reliability, durability, and cutting efficiency options tailored for your specific applications.
Performance begins with designing each Xplorer* premium roller cone drill bit using the proprietary IDEAS platform to ensure optimal drilling dynamics. Crucial to the resulting bit design are the various components that make up the bit. We engineer these individual parts and subassemblies, incorporating advanced materials and features to provide the borehole penetration you need to make your total depth in less time.
SMITH BITS Roller Cone Bits Specifications:
- Bearing TypeSpinodal 2 Bearing w/Silver Plated Components
- Seal TypeGemini Twin Seal System
- Bit connection Type4 1/2 Reg
- Inserts and Teeth110
- Min. Weight-on-Bit (lbf)10000
- Max. Weight-on-Bit (lbf)40000
- Min. Bit Rotary Speed (rpm)50
- Max. Bit Rotary Speed (rpm)280
- Min. Recommended Makeup Torque12000
- Max. Recommended Makeup Torque16000