Eugene 'Buddy' Broerman
Linquip Level: Expert
Texas, United States
Principal Engineer at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
Project Manager: Eugene “Buddy” Broerman, a Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) expert who holds several patents in reciprocating compressor technology, is leading the nearly $2.3 million effort to develop a Linear Motor Reciprocating Compressor (LMRC). The development of this work has led to improvements in the following areas which are applicable to many types of reciprocating compressors: Valves, Seals, Materials and coatings, Controls design, Innovative System design
Specialty: Compressor and Pump Piping System Pulsation and Vibration Control
- Multiple pulsation analyses (primarily reciprocating compressor piping)
- Research and Development in the areas of piping pulsations (developed prototypes and commercial products), vortex-shedding (Strouhal) prediction, and LMRC (as noted above)
- Developed novel designs and solutions for acoustic problems in pump piping systems
- Mechanical FEA experience
- Field pulsation/vibration evaluation experience
- Thermal analysis experience
Related Devices and Categories:
Did you know high speed reciprocating compressors (>500 rpm) are used for hydrogen compression applications? We're analyzing one right now.
Hermetically-sealed Linear Motor Reciprocating Compressor (LMRC) designed for the compression of hydrogen, but could be designed for other applications. --- I was going to post a video of it in motion, but Linquip won't let me.