Power generation-related equipment refers to the machinery and technology used to generate electricity, such as power plants, generators, turbines, and transmission equipment. This can include fossil fuel power plants (e.g. coal, natural gas), nuclear power plants, hydroelectric power plants, wind turbines, and solar power systems. Additional power generation-related equipment includes:
- Steam turbines: used to convert the heat energy of steam into mechanical energy, which is then converted into electricity.
- Gas turbines: used to convert the chemical energy of a fuel (e.g. natural gas) into mechanical energy, which is then converted into electricity.
- Hydroelectric generators: used to convert the mechanical energy of falling water into electricity.
- Solar panels: used to convert sunlight into electricity through photovoltaic cells.
- Wind turbines: used to convert the kinetic energy of wind into electricity.
- Electrical energy storage systems such as batteries, flywheels, and pumped hydro.
It's worth noting that some of this equipment is also used in combination in certain power plants, for example, combined cycle gas turbine power plants which use both gas turbines and steam turbines. At Linquip you can find the verified list of power generation equipment manufacturers, suppliers, service and solution providers which helps you to find the best solution for your needs.
Need industrial equipment, parts, or services? Submit an RFQ and get quick quotes.Get a Quote
Top Devices in Power Generation
Mechanical Drive Gas TurbineLNQ-23111146
Industrial Gas TurbineLNQ-23111130
8MM PROXIMITY PROBE - M10X1LNQ-23111128
Gas Turbine categoryLNQ-23111087
Industrial Gas TurbineLNQ-23111081
MODULE,HIGH DENSITY ANALOG I/O (TMR)LNQ-23111071
Top Power Generation Experts
Helmuth Lara Skesbers