It is necessary to examine the valve to ensure that the entrance is clear of dirt and foreign substances. Dirt, oil, and any other surface imperfections that might cause leakage must be removed from the flange faces. Also, any extraneous elements, such as rust or welding slag that might harm the seat and disc sealing surface, should be removed from the connection pipeline. Linquip recognizes the significance of discovering and responding to a qualified Valve Installation Service Provider. We've put up a complete list of verified Valve Installation Service Providers categorized by geographic area to satisfy those demands. The installation of a valve totally depends on the type of the valve. Before installing a valve, it must be inspected for any shipping damage. Accessibility of the valve, its installation position, and consideration for manual operation are only a few of the considerations to be made. The valves should be placed in such a way that they can be easily accessed for maintenance. A permanent platform or walkway with enough clearance for maintenance activities is necessary if a valve is installed at a specified height. A wide choice of Valve Installation Service Providers are available on the Linquip platform. At Linquip you can find a variety of Valve Installation Service Providers to assist you find an appropriate service provider based on your valve type.Request for Service
Top Valve Installation Service Providers
Advanced Oilfield Technology Company L.L.COman
Eternity Power TradingSouth Africa
+4 Service Providers in InstallationSee All Installation Service Providers
Valve Installation - For every process control, proper installation is just as critical as choosing the correct valve. Because just because a valve has been appropriately selected does not mean it will perform as expected.
It is necessary to examine the valve to ensure that the entrance is clear of dirt and foreign substances. Dirt, oil, and any other surface imperfections that might cause leakage must be removed from the flange faces. Also, any extraneous elements, such as rust or welding slag that might harm the seat and disc sealing surface, should be removed from the connection pipeline.
Prior to installation, actuators should be installed on the valve to ensure proper alignment. Before installing the valve, flanges, and pipe, make sure they're all suitable with the pressure class and materials stated. Check the size and length of the flange bolts or studs. Prior to valve installation, the connected equipment and lines should be properly aligned. The pipe should be spaced apart just enough when installing the valve and gaskets so that the valve and gaskets do not come into contact with the flanges. It's important not to scratch the flanges or valve's surfaces. The bolt tightening method should be followed at this stage.
Valve stems should be fitted with the stem pointed straight up whenever feasible since this makes maintenance much easier. Valves may be turned horizontally without causing any issues with maintenance. They should not, however, be fitted with the stem tilted downward unless the design location requires them. The bonnet works as a trap for abrasive debris, silt, and water when the stem is turned down.
Valves should be situated towards the edges of platforms where they may be easily accessed for operation and maintenance.
A minimum of 3" space is required between valve handles and levers.
Chain wheel operators can be employed to control valves in difficult-to-reach and inaccessible locations in order to safeguard people and equipment. To utilize a chain operator, the valve stem must be horizontal. To avoid becoming an impediment or tripping hazard, chains should never dangle lower than the minimum needed height. The chains must be smooth and devoid of burs or sharp edges at all times.
Valve Installation Guide
The installation of a valve totally depends on the type of the valve. Thus, here we discuss the installation procedure and tips for some more frequently used valves.
Control Valve Installation
Before installing the control valve, it must be inspected for any shipping damage.
Accessibility of the control valve, its installation position, and consideration for manual operation are only a few of the considerations to be made.
The control valves should be placed in such a way that they can be easily accessed for maintenance.
A permanent platform or walkway with enough clearance for maintenance activities is necessary if a control valve is installed at a specified height.
The control valve may be put in any configuration, however it is most commonly used in a horizontal pipeline with a vertical actuator.
Pressure gauges should be installed before and after the control valve to verify the line pressure, as indicated in the diagram below.
Safety Valve Installation
Because dirt and debris are frequently present in the system, seat damage can occur when a valve is first lifted as part of the overall plant commissioning operation. The system should be rinsed thoroughly before the safety valve is placed to ensure that foreign matter does not pass through, and the valve should be located where dirt, scale, and debris cannot gather.
In steam applications, it's also critical to place the valve such that condensate can't gather on the upstream side of the disc, which reduces the likelihood of leaking. As illustrated in the diagram, this may be accomplished by placing the safety valve above the steam pipe.
Gate Valve Installation
When properly fitted and maintained, gate valves of various materials and seat kinds are simple to use and endure a long time. For different end connections (e.g., flanged vs. rolling groove vs. victaulic), the installation procedure differs significantly, but the other directions stay the same.
- Valves can be put in any position, although it is better if they can be installed upright, especially in larger sizes, to allow for easy access to the hand wheel.
- Before installing the gate valve, check the material of the seat and disc. Ascertain that no faults have occurred as a result of storage or transit.
- Before installing the valve, ensure all welding is complete and the flange has reached room temperature before inserting the gate valve with the suitable gasket.
- Before installing the pipe, inspect it for welding residue, waste, rust, pickle paste, or other debris. If necessary, wash with water or a light detergent.
- Make sure that the flange is not warped or the gate valve is not misaligned with respect to the flange. When the valve is not properly aligned with the flange/pipe, this is the most prevalent cause of valve difficulties. To lessen the stress on the pipe assembly, support the valve as needed.
- Install the spacing bolts, be careful not to damage the valve seat, and adjust the face to face of the two flanges so that the pipe may be stretched open (enough space to slip the valve in or out for service).
- Insert the bolts such that the bottom of the valve rests on them to prevent the valve from falling through after the pipes are centered.
- Tighten the bolts one at a time, in phases, to provide consistent pressure and a seal between the valve, gasket, and flanges.
- Once the installation is complete, test the valve by turning it on and off numerous times to ensure it has not shifted throughout the process.
You can find various Valve Suppliers and Companies in Linquip that can completely cover your requirements. You are also encouraged to visit the List of Valve Distributors in Linquip. You are also highly encouraged to visit our Valve Services to inspect all requirements for your valve operation and maintenance.