1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Services. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Information Provided by You
• Account Information. When you create an account in our Services, we collect Personal Information related to the creation of the account and usage of our Service via your account. If you are an individual user, we receive your full name, email address and password when you register to use our Services. If you represent a company or organization, we collect the name of such company or organization, your work email and your password when you register to use our Services. We may process your photo and any other information you choose to add to your account. You are not obliged to create an account to use our Services. However, you will not be able to post comments or send private messages if you do not create an account.
• Content provided by you. When you add content to our Services for example by adding your equipment or your organization’s profile for public review to the Services or when you post comments via our comment tool we process any Personal Information included in such content or comments. Unless you have restricted public display of your information, we will display your full name and photo in connection with the comments you post in our Services.
• Communication Information. When you contact us via email, or other means, you may provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, company, and the content, date, and time of your message. We also process the information related to the private messages you may send in our Services.
• Support Information. When you request technical support services, we will process your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and the country in which you are operating as well as information on the reasons for your support request, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
• Information about experts. If you are an expert and have added your profile to the Services, we collect your name, email address, password and any content information you may provide, such as the introduction text you provide and your professional experience. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. Information Collected via Automated Means
• Information collected via social media tools. We may collect certain Personal Information about you via automated means such as social media tools, widgets or plug-ins to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may allow you to sign in through your social media account, share a link or post directly to your social media account. When you visit a website that contains such tools or plugins, the social media or other service provider may learn of your visit. Your interactions with these tools are governed by the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platforms. We recommend that you review their privacy policies. Information Collected from Other Sources
•Third parties.We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than our Services, such as our business customers and partners. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
• Providing the Services. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide features of our Services.
• Support. We use Personal Information to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
• Customer relationship management. We may process your Personal Information for customer relationship management purposes.
• Communicating with you. We may use your email address and other Personal Information as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes such as to provide information that you request, and to respond to comments and questions.
• Marketing. We may use your email address and other Personal Information to send marketing communications, including updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
• Understanding usage and improving the Services. We use the Personal Information that we collect through the Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
• Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Information to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to LinQuip, including but not limited to audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and for quality assurance purposes.
• Aggregation. We may aggregate or otherwise de-identify Personal Information and use the resulting information for other business purposes.
We and third-party service providers may use the following cookies to collect Personal Information:
• Functional cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. For example, to remember your preferences. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of cookies.
Our Use of European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
• You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you marketing communications.
• We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
• We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order.
• We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. When We Disclose Information
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
• We work with third-party service providers to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions on our behalf and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
• We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties whose features (e.g. third-party cookies, widgets, plug-ins) are integrated in our Services. We may also disclose your Personal Information with social media networks when you directly engage with those platforms.
• We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
• We also reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of our Services and any facilities or equipment used to make our Services available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
• We may disclose and otherwise transfer Personal Information to an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• We may share Personal Information with our affiliates and subsidiaries to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose Personal Information for the above-mentioned purposes.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities of our Services. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all Personal Information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Services.
Your Cookie Choices
• Google Analytics. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or via Google’s Ads Settings or Ad Settings for mobile apps.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have additional rights described below.
• You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
• You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent. You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
5. International Visitors
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our Services from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. When we transfer your Personal Information to the U.S., we take steps to comply with applicable data protection law, in particular legal requirements regarding adequate protection for data transfers. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission (e.g., Switzerland and Canada), use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or transfer to recipients who have certified to the Privacy Shield or adopted Binding Corporate Rules. For more information about how we transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us as specified below.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Services from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert us using the contact details at the end of this Policy and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
8. Third-Party Services
The Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information. Our Services may also include social media tools, widgets or plug-ins, permitting sharing web content including IP address, with third parties and social media providers. These social media providers may learn of your visit even if you are not logged in to your social media account or if you do not have an account with them. To the extent any features you visit or use are not owned or controlled by LinQuip, we suggest that you review the respective service providers’ own privacy notices or policies.
9. Information Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
10. Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Services for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
11. Our Contact Information
Unless otherwise indicated, LinQuip is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at [email protected] or by postal mail at:
440 North Wolfe Road, Unit # 282, Sunnyvale, California, 94085, USA